First Full Week Done!

Our first full week is done and I have to be honest and say that it has kicked my butt!  Between my 7th and 8th grade classes of language arts, being a committee leader, and coaching volleyball--not to mention my own kids and their activities--I have just been exhausted all week.  I love getting back into routine, but I forgot how hard it is to do so!  My body is already back to the 4:30 wake up call...even today, when I just wanted to sleep in!  It has meant some 9 pm bed times, though, because I just had to crash.

I think that my classes are already better than last year, and so far (knock on wood!) the kids are much more receptive to our writing activities.  Attitude is everything!  We are switching to common core standards this year, which is really causing me to think about the level of teaching I'm using this year, which is great!

Time to get busy with all the things around the house that have been neglected this week...have a fabulous weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 3/31 I Made It!

SOL 3/16 Plugging Away

SOL 3/9 Proud of my kids!