SOL 3/14 My Baby is Growing Up

  14 of 31 for the Slice of Life Challenge from Two Writing Teachers
Today my oldest leaves to go to the state Stuco convention.   This is the first time she has ever left for more than one night and is traveling hundreds of miles away from home...well, without it being at her grandparent's house.  She will be staying with someone that I have never met, and even though I know that she will be well cared for, I can't help but worry.  Will she remember to use her manners?  Will she be safe and respectful? All of these nagging feelings come up.  I know I have taught her well, and have seen the way she behaves at school, so I shouldn't worry so much.  She will be in good hands with her advisor, and is going with a great group of students.  So why does a small part of me dread her leaving this morning?  I know she would say, "Mom, chill out.  I'm going to be fine."  Logically I know that.  My heart just wants the best for her though, and I think that is where I am torn.  I won't be there to take care of her if something happens, and I have to trust that she can handle whatever life throws her way.  That trust is a big step for this momma, though.  A big step indeed.

Comments

  1. I believe you already know she will be fine...because you've loved her and have "taught" her and raised her for this very moment...but letting them grow and move on is the toughest thing about being a mom...no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! It's so hard to let them go and trust that all will be well. It sounds like you've done a good job of getting her ready for this big step. Be sure to take a breath, step back, and enjoy watching her soar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand why you worry! That is a mom's instinct! I hope she will be ok. Praying for her happy and safe return!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a big step and a first step leading to many more. She'll do great and you will too! Hope she has many stories to share.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 3/31 I Made It!

SOL 3/16 Plugging Away

SOL 3/9 Proud of my kids!