SOL 3/5 Food, Glorious Food!

5 of 31 for the Slice of Life Challenge from Two Writing Teachers
I have a confession.  I am in love with food.  Anything. Everything.  There is very little that I don't like.  Well, that's not true.  Liver and onions...I hate liver and onions.  It is the one food that my kids have never had, and never will.  Anyway...  Food Network is the station you will most likely find on my television, and I love to visit food blogs (The Pioneer Woman is a favorite!) and recipes on Pinterest to get new ideas for things to make.  I think I have even started working out because I love food so much.  I might weigh a lot more if it weren't for the exercise!

Last night I made a really great turkey and dumpling soup.  It was just a dump and cook kind of experiment, so I couldn't really write down the exact recipe if I wanted to.  It was frozen mixed veggies, roasted turkey that I cooked on Sunday, Herbs de Provence, poultry seasoning, chicken broth, garlic, onions, and Reames dumplings.  That's it...nothing special, but boy did it sure taste great!  So great, in fact, that my hubby came in to tell me that I needed to share the recipe "on your blog there."  So in honor of my husband, I shared my recipe with you all. Aren't you glad you stopped by? :)

What about you?  Anyone else have a love of food as well?  Where do you look for your recipes? 

Comments

  1. I'm very thankful I stopped by! Your turkey soup sounds delicious, perfect for a winter evening.
    Tonight, I had a pork chop the size of a small roast, a baked potato and steamed broccoli. quite yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call that "seat of the pants" cooking, and it often tastes the best, don't you think? I love cooking--and cookbooks--so much that I usually plan my dinner menus two months at a time, with my seasonal cookbooks piled high and tabbed. My piece de resistance this past weekend was pork chops with pan gravy and a veggie-rice medley; hubby was still thanking me for it this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I am just coming home and needing some inspiration for dinner. Seat of the pants cooking is what I usually do. My dad always said "If you don't know what to do, just start sautéing some garlic and onions. After they are cooking, something will occur to you!"eryagen 214

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a lot in common. I love to cook, eat good food, and just page through cookbooks and cooking magazines. I love America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Illustrated. Baking is my therapy. Unfortunately, I'm pretty bad at the exercise thing. :) Your soup recipe sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 3/31 I Made It!

SOL 3/16 Plugging Away

SOL 3/6 What Makes You So Special?