SOL 3/6 What Makes You So Special?

  6 of 31 for the Slice of Life Challenge from Two Writing Teachers
Do you have any quirks that make you a little special?  A little different than everyone else out there?  There are certain habits that we all have that might be peculiar to others around us.  My kids remind me of this all the time.

Every time we go any where that has an escalator, my kids make fun of me.  For some reason, I apparently have the same routine.  I always let the kids go on first...I suppose this comes from the mom in me making sure they are all on and safe.  And then I will wait at least one step before I get on.  I'm not sure why, but I do this.  I wouldn't even know that I do this without my kids being so kind to point this habit out...and by kind, of course I mean they ridicule me endlessly.

I also have strange driving habits, such as never turning left unless it is absolutely a necessity.  I will turn right and go around the block before having to turn left against traffic.  I don't mind left turns at lights, or on side streets that are light on traffic, but for busy roads or for the possible "turn into the turn lane and merge" kind of traffic, I will not do it...I refuse. Is that weird?

I am sure that everyone has these little things that make them unique.  A certain route to work, a certain cup that is the "go to" every morning.  I know it is hard for me to break out of my comfort zone sometimes and try new things.  I am truly trying to grow and branch out.  Routine is comfortable.  Quirks are just a part of what makes me...me.

Comments

  1. yep...I avoid the left...too many places to look...and then someone could sneak out of somewhere...it is a very unique and careful type of quirk. I enjoyed reading your slice first today. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting here laughing as I drink out of THE "to go" cup that I own. I love that you brought up your quirks - it's definitely making me think about my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, our kids make fun of us because we save our McDonald's cups to refill with iced tea from home. We have a whole stack of them. I guess we don't really need all of them and it gives the kids something to roll their eyes at. :) You post made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My quirk-list could go on for days and my family and friends know them all. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 3/31 I Made It!

SOL 3/16 Plugging Away