SOL 3/23 Procrastination

 23 of 31 for the Slice of Life Challenge from Two Writing Teachers
Do you know any procrastinators? The people who know have a big deadline coming up and still haven't started that piece of work that has to be finished on time? I've met more than my share. In fact, depending on the task, I'm one of them. Certain chores and tasks are so unappealing that I'd rather do anything than what I need to do. I've been known to clean my entire house and closets and the garage instead of writing a paper for my Masters or grading 8th grade research papers.  My own kids and students definitely fit into this mold and got me thinking. What are the stages of procrastination?  Can someone tell when it really is time to get busy? Can procrastination be put into stages like grief?  I'm not really sure.  I know that there comes a time that procrastinators kick it in gear to finish that project. For me, it is usually after every other possible task on the honey-do list has been conquered.  But at least I have a clean house, right?  Well, at least until the kids wake up. 








Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Benny!

SOL 3/8 Reflection on Cyberbullying Presentation

It's That Time Again...