SOL 3/10 Ten Days of Blogging!


  10 of 31 for the Slice of Life Challenge from Two Writing Teachers
Ten days of blogging for the Slice of Life challenge have passed.  I have really enjoyed the challenge so far.  It has made me really think about what is happening in my life and how I can put it into words.    I have always loved to write, but have never really considered myself that good at it.  I have so many ideas running in my head, but when I go to actually put those ideas onto paper nothing seems to work.  I write sentences, only to erase them over and over because they don't sound right or they don't really explain the feeling I want them to.  I explain to my students all the time that writing is really about the revision process. That is where the real work takes place, and it is really true.  It is where the frustration lies for me as well.  Self doubt plays the biggest role here, I think. That nagging thought that no one will want to read what I have to say.  That feeling that it isn't good enough to publish for the world. My students struggle with this too, so I can empathize with them daily.  I've accomplished ten days of blogging so far, and look forward to the rest of the month of the challenge.  I keep pushing myself to write those thoughts and feelings down, and hope that it gets easier to do every day.  Something tells me that it never gets easier, but I'm sure going to try anyway!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad that you have crested the 10 days of writing. I have learned so much about the process in this last year. My fingers work faster and my brain registers so much more in life. We are blessed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you wrote what many of us think and feel...like is anyone going to want to read my post...is it good enough...or will anyone comment on it. So glad you have made it for ten days. I have surprised myself in that I knew I would not have much time today and I gave myself permission to just let it be. So...will be interested in reading some more of yours. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 3/31 I Made It!

SOL 3/16 Plugging Away

SOL 3/6 What Makes You So Special?