SOL 3/24 Six Weeks Early?

24 of 31 for the Slice of Life Challenge from Two Writing Teachers
The groundhog is a lying little rat.  Spring is six weeks early?  Yeah right.  We are in the middle of another winter storm dumping inches of snow, and unfortunately spring arrived last Wednesday.  Everyone is so tired of the snow right now--except for my kids at school who eagerly look out the window anytime a single flake flies and ask "Are we getting out early?"  I grew up in Iowa, so I am use to a little snow.  But I am really tired of winter right now.  The snow, the cold, the mud that comes afterward, staying indoors instead of going for walks. I'm tired of all of it.

I think what makes this snow more irritating is that Mother Nature has been taunting us.  She offers 65, 70, even a 80 degree day, and then BAM! She hits below the belt, laughing as the weathermen go into crisis mode again. (I don't know if every city is this way, but the weather anchors go crazy at the slightest flake.  Really, some weather needs attention like that, but do we need 14 live crews at every bridge and overpass telling us to be careful, it's slick?)  I want consistent temperatures that will allow for plans beyond the next day or two.  I'd like to get back to sending my kids outside to play and burn off some energy.

I'm going to stop thinking about the snow.  I'm looking ahead to warmer days and the beautiful green that comes with spring and new growth.  I look forward to spring flowers and planting my garden with healthy veggies for summer meals. Come on Mother Nature, play nice!

                                     

                                     




Comments

  1. I'm in Denver. Think we had the same snow yesterday that you are having today. It was beautiful, but a little hard to take after seventy degrees last weekend!Headed out to walk my crazy lab, who has been in the house for two days, and it's currently 22 degrees with more snow forecasted this afternoon! BRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your first line--that little rat! grin. We're supposed to get snow Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday! Will it ever end?? Fun piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the line Mother Nature is taunting us. The weathermen are the same here in Central Ohio. I'm sure if we weren't on spring break, we would have had a snow day today. Spring has to come eventually, right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 3/31 I Made It!

SOL 3/16 Plugging Away

SOL 3/6 What Makes You So Special?