SOL 3/30 Rockclimbing, Roadtrips, and Family

My nephew is getting baptized this afternoon, so my family (immediate and extended) have all traveled to Gillette, Wyoming to celebrate with him.  My husband and I will serve as God parents for baby Zane, so the trip is extra special for me.  From our house in Missouri,  it is a very long 16 hour drive, so we tried to find attractions that would break up the trip.  We drove to Mitchell,  SD and saw the Corn Palace, and continued on. The Badlands were our next stop, where we hiked out on some pretty amazing sights.  God's creation is awe inspiring!  Who knows where we will head on the way home, but it is fun to watch my kids learn and explore. Enjoy some pictures from the trip so far.  I love the question mark on the end of trail sign...kind of sums up how I feel right now.  Things are ending, but it isn't the end of the trail for me.  A fitting metaphor for life right now.






Comments

  1. What a wonderful trip. I have been to all of those places...yes, the Corn Palace too!! I love the picture of your daughter sitting on some rock formation with that beautiful smile. She makes it look like the hike was so easy. Have fun...and enjoy the baptism...it's fun to be a Godparent. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post made me smile. We took that trip when our oldest was 5 years old and our son was 18 months. We drove from Ohio and took lots of side trips too. We saw all the places you mentioned. I remember checking out so many books from the library to plan our trip. It was before we had Internet searches. :) Your pictures are beautiful and you have a nice looking family. Enjoy your trip and the baptism. What an honor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Popular posts from this blog

SOL 3/31 I Made It!

SOL 3/16 Plugging Away

SOL 3/6 What Makes You So Special?