Slice of Life

I recently had a professional development day for my school district and was able to hear Ruth Ayres speak about teaching writing.  She mentioned her blog, Two Writing Teachers, and a challenge that she sponsors every year called the Slice of Life.  To complete the challenge, the idea is to write every day in the month of March.  I was really intrigued by the idea, and began to think about really doing this.  She also mentioned that they were beginning a classroom challenge this year for the first time.  Could I really write every day for a month?  I've had this blog established for quite a while now and sadly have only posted 20 times...so writing every day is a little lot daunting for me to even consider.  But the more I really thought about it, the more intrigued I became.  I really need to practice what I preach I guess, and I should show my students that I am a writer too.  I can't really expect them to do this and then not follow through with my own challenge. So, I am throwing my hat pen into the ring...31 posts, 31 days starting March 1st.  Anyone else out there want to try it with me? 

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Benny!

SOL 3/8 Reflection on Cyberbullying Presentation

It's That Time Again...